Friday, June 4, 2010

Salsa Verde


I've been looking for good salsa recipes
as an occasional change from my fresh
tomato salsa recipe. I took this recipe for
Salsa Verde from simplyrecipes.com. It
turned out really well. It also gave me a
chance to try out my new food processor.

Ingredients
6 tomatillos
1/2 medium white onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp sugar
3 jalepenos (seeded)

Process
Remove paper husks from tomatillos and rinse. Cut in half and place cut side down on afoil lined baking sheet. Place under broiler for 5-7 minutes until skin begins to blacken. Combine all ingredients including tomatillos in food processor. Chop all ingredients together to desired consistency. Salt to taste. Pour into a large skillet and sautee for 10 to 15 minutes (this is the secret step). Serve warm  or cool in  the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment