Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baked Apples

,
Zac and I are trying to limit our desserts to once a week. But I have such a sweet tooth I have likes coming up with healthy fruit treats that replace dessert. One of my favorites is bakes apples. Here is the loose recipe. It can be modified to taste.

Baked Apples

Ingredients:

2 apples ( I prefer Gala)
4 tbsps lemon juice
2 tsps cinnamon
3 tbsps splenda/sugar/brown sugar or any other sweetener you prefer

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and cut apples into slices. Place in a glass 9x9 cooking pan. Pour lemon juice over apples. Sprinkle cinnamon and sweetener or sugar on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until apples are soft. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.

Notes:

I like to serve with frozen Sugar Free Cool Whip when we are staying light or vanilla ice cream when we splurge. Really yummy and still healthy. You can really change the amount of any of the ingredients to fit your taste. Also, adding walnuts, pecans, rasins, or crasins is yummy.



2 comments:

  1. Good idea guys! Be part of the solution! Love these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like this idea! You two have tried my salmon tacos haven't you? I can give you my super deliciouse "secret" recipe to put up here if you want. It wouldn't be so secret anymore, but it would still be super deliciouse. It would be fun to see if people try it and how they like it. Let me know. I have other recipies for fish that are easy, healthy and deliciouse too that you haven't tried that I would also like to share.

    ReplyDelete