Monday, April 19, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes


I threw together two simple recipes tonight, a spinach chicken salad and roasted red potatoes. I thought I may as well jot down what I put in my salads at least and how I do the potatoes. I have some good ideas and a few tricks to share. In the future, however we will try to put some more complex recipes on here so it's not boring. :)


Roasted Red Potatoes

6 medium red potatoes
3 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and cut potatoes into quarters. Mix the olive oil salt and pepper onto the potatoes in either a big bowl or a large zip-lock bag. Make sure coverage is even. Spread potatoes evenly onto a large cookie sheet covered in tinfoil. Put oven rack on the second lowest possible position. Roast in oven for 20 minutes then check potatoes. They may need 5-10 more minutes of roasting time. When cooked through, remove potatoes. Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.

Note:

I know this is kind of a no-brainer, but it's easy, fast and SO yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment